Saturday, April 28, 2007

the right one

Choosing your hairdresser should be like choosing the person you want to spend the rest of your life with; when you have the right one, you just know.

I have
been in the "growing out my hair" phase for the past 18 months. I have had a few maintenance cuts in the last year and a half, but my hair was lacking style.

My biggest challenge was finding someone I could trust. I was happy enough with the previous person who had cut my hair, but I really wanted some texture. I heard too many horror stories in previous months of haircuts gone bad to just "roll the dice".

I started by asking friends where they got their hair cut. Unfortunately, I didn't get many glowing recommendations. Just when I was going to give up my search and
stick to a boring haircut (better safe than sorry), I meet a friend of a friend who was a hairdresser. As Holly and I chatted throughout the evening she mentioned that she thought my hair needed "a little something" and would love to cut my hair.

I liked her and thought if she was bold enough to say that to me, I was brave enough to take a chance.
I got my new haircut a few weeks ago. Thanks to Holly, my long, straight Asian hair has pizazz. It's still plenty long, but now it's got style and texture.

up next: new haircut = new styling products

0 comments: