Saturday, April 14, 2007

How does a diva sit in the sun?

I told you I was going to the Caribbean. I didn't tell you that I haven't really sat in the sun much in the last 20 years. I like sunshine, I just don't stay in one spot for hours on end with the sole purpose of getting a good tan. Skin cancer is super scary and would really effect my vanity (if it didn't kill me).

My plan when I'm in sun the next few days is to heavily arm myself with sunscreen. For my face I just purchased MD Skincare's Powerful Sun Protection SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion. I decided to try this for my face because it's formulated with iron-encapsulating technology that binds to iron left on the skin by tap water and perspiration and prevents the iron from doing damage to collagen. It's also loaded with antioxidants.


I can be sensitive to sunscreens so tried it at home for a couple of days. No use in bringing it if it's going to wreck havoc on my skin (and I'd rather find that out before a trip instead of during). I didn't have any problems with this sunscreen so it makes the cut. I liked the lightweight texture and didn't notice any type of scent.

My body will be slathered with Neutrogena's Ultra Soft Hydrating Sunblock with SPF 30. It lives up to it's label of "feels like a body lotion". It's a non-greasy, lightweight lotion that's hydrating and offers UVA/UVB broad spectrum sunscreens. It's also waterproof and sweat-proof; great for an occasional cooling off pool dip.

Neutrogena is available at most grocery and drug stores and online at drugstore.com. MD Skincare is available at select Sephora and Nordstrom stores, and online at beauty.com, sephora.com and nordstrom.com.

If you're looking for me, I'll be by the pool. Reapplying my sunscreens every 90 minutes.

0 comments: