Friday, April 06, 2007

The Laundress Denim Wash & Whites Detergent

I don't "do" laundry every day, nor do I work for The Laundress, yet here I am writing about their products again. (They are mentioned in all my Clothing Care posts)

The first product I'd like to rave about in this post is The Laundress Denim Wash. When you spend $200 on a pair of jeans you expect them to last awhile and look good wash after wash. All divas know that they are supposed to let their denim air dry to prevent stretching and fading. Yet plenty of divas, you know who you are, still throw their jeans in the dryer to "soften them".

The ladies at The Laundress have made it so you can have your cake and eat it too. In this case, air dry your jeans and have them feeling soft when you put them on. Their Denim Wash blends detergent and fabric softener to clean and soften all you designer jeans.

I just washed six pairs of jeans in the Denim Wash the other night and when I was folding them they felt softer than they normally do after air drying. And I am happy to report that I wore a pair of the newly washed jeans yesterday and they were definitely softer against my body.

I've also got to mention The Laundress' Whites Detergent. I am not a big fan of bleach. I do however like my whites white, so I use bleach sparingly and only when needed.

The Laundress' Whites Detergent is formulated with a bleach alternative, optical brightener and stain fighting enzymes so you can take proper care of your daily whites without using bleach. It won't ruin colors and is effective in all water temperatures. Like all of The Laundress products, the Whites Detergent is plant based (most mass market brands are petroleum based) and 100% Biodegradeable.

I noticed a difference in my white shirts the first time I used the Whites Detergent. They were brighter and smelled great. One of my friends just hand washed a white Gucci Skirt with the Whites Detergent and said it looks as good as new.

The Laundress Denim Wash is $18 for 16 fl. oz.; which will get you up to 16 washes. The Laundress Whites Detergent is avaiable in three different sizes: $5 for 2 fl. oz., $16 for 16 fl. oz. and $19.50 for 32 fl. oz. If the price tag seems a bit high, remember that these detergents are specialty fabric care. Think of all the trips to the dry cleaner you'll save yourself. And more importantly, how taking proper care of your clothes will extend their life.

The Laundress products are sold at beautyhabit.com, beauty.com (they don't have the Denim Wash yet) and thelaundress.com (you can see a full list of store and online retailers here too).

Happy Laundering!

1 comments:

The Laundress said...

Happy to hear from another Laundress enthusiast - we now have a blog, too!

Happy Laundering,

Laundress Team