Monday, April 23, 2007

going to Brazil

That's the phrase a friend of mine uses when she's going to get a Brazilian Wax.

Another friend and I were discussing what happens when you "go to Brazil". Actually, she asked questions and I was able to answer them. My girlfriends questions were similar to my own many years ago. Pain level? Irritation? Back there too, how?

I will spare you most of the details of my personal grooming habits. I will tell you that I once had a bikini wax in Chicago and hated it. A few years later, while living in NYC, some friends gave me a gift certificate to get a Brazilian Wax at the place to get one, J Sisters. Since I was technically their boss I wasn't sure if this was a gift or retribution.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I took my gift at face value and booked an appointment for a Brazilian Wax. I was in and out of the salon in 20 minutes and had no pain or irritation. And I've never been the same since then. I was so thrilled by how "clean" I felt that I wanted to show the world. Seriously.

I told my girlfriend there's nothing like that feeling. I even "demonstrated" the pose for "getting back there". She has been waxing at home for 20+ years and is looking forward to finding a reputable person near her so she too can "go to Brazil".

I did warn her that once you start, you never want to go back.

diva tip: If you think you might be sensitive take an over the counter pain medicine before your appointment. And even seasoned waxees don't get waxed near that "time of the month".

Think happy thoughts.

0 comments: