Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Why I Love Buying Clothes at Target

Yes, that Target. You've seen the great ads. But you're wondering if it's really the store for you. Do yourself a favor, go to your nearest Target when you have an hour (or two) to really explore it. You won't be disappointed.

To keep my focus, I'm just discussing women's clothing and accessories in this post.

I'll start by naming names. Clothing Designers offered: Issac Mizrahi, Mossimo, Liz Lange and their "Go!International" brand that currently features clothing designed by Proenza Schouler. And Target just introduced Handbags and Sandals designed by Rafe.

The Spring tees and shorts they have in store right now are definitely worth a look. Match a cute cap sleeve tee with a fun pair of Madras Plaid shorts and you've got a great outfit for under $30. The graphic tees, both men's and women's, are so cool you'll find yourself wondering if you should by three or four.

Whether it's a dress, blazer, jacket, sweater, tank top, skirt or pants, the clothing assortment is so extensive that you'll be able to find just what you want in no time. And if you're in the market for a new bathing suit, this is the place to go. Plenty of one pieces and lots of bikini options (tops and bottoms are sold separately to ensure a perfect fit).

Make sure you check out shoes. I'm serious. I saw a friend last year in these amazing metallic wedges and was surprised when she said she purchased them at Target. Not so surprised (I just hadn't looked) that I couldn't go out the next day and pick up a pair for myself. And the selection is even better this year. The espadrilles they're offering will keep you in step with 2007 Spring trends.

The belt selection is great too; I learned this from the same friend who brought the shoe selection to my attention. When I'm in the market for a new belt, I look at Target before I go anywhere else. And they haven't let me down yet. What's even better? They're under $20.

I hope you enjoy your Target trip as much as I enjoy mine. If you don't have a Target near you, you can find them through the Internet at target.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on,Girl!! Glad to know I have influenced your fashion choices as much as you have influenced mine. I like to think of myself as a little bit Sharon Stone - mix designer with mass marketed off-the-rack. If it's good enough for the Oscars, it's good enough for what I do in my life!! But now our secret is out.....

DIVA said...

You are right on the mark with your Sharon Stone comment. It's a secret worth sharing. We've got to help unleash the diva in people!