Saturday, March 24, 2007

InStyle April Issue

I couldn't wait to dig into my April issue of InStyle because it's the annual issue of their 148 Best Beauty Buys. But this issue has so many goodies it took me a few days to get through it. Where do I start?

I'll be boring and begin at the beginning.

Halle Berry looks stunning on the cover. The interview and fashion layout (pgs 144-151) is really spectacular. I found myself thinking, "She's smart, beautiful and talented, I want to be friends with her". The Halle Style inset has some great insights into why she always looks so great.

I loved the InStyle compilation of all the amazing gowns from the Academy Awards in "the Look of the Oscars" (pgs 176-188). My absolute favorite pictures in this section are the ones of Helen Mirren, Diane Keaton and Jodie Foster in "Nobody Does It Better". That title definitely sums up the grace, beauty and class those three women continue to display.

Four Faces of Spring (pgs 419-425) has the beautiful Maggie Q showing off bronze shadow, pink lips, black eyeliner and nude lip looks you'll want to replicate. Thank goodness Dior makeup artist Shane Paish tells us what he did and what products he used.

Organic Beauty (pgs 429-433) breaks down what the terms organic and natural in beauty products really mean. There's also a "how to" on reading an organic label.


saved the best for last: 148 Best Beauty Buys (pgs 455-486) speaks for itself. InStyle takes four different categories (makeup, skin, hair and body) and asks almost 50 experts in each category to name their favorites. Whether you are looking for foundation, sunscreen or nail color, InStyle tells you who's got the best. There's also a shopping list that provides internet addresses and phone numbers of where you can find mentioned products.

If you don't already have a copy, go get one. This one is worth re-reading many times. You can also go to instyle.com for a peek inside.

0 comments: