Saturday, March 31, 2007

Diva & mom

My mom was visiting me this week (reason for lack of posts). We had a great time watching chick flicks and eating yummy food. We also went shopping (surprised?) and a quick stop at Target brought a nice surprise.

Two of my favorite British beauty brands, Boots and Rimmel are now at my Target. I really like both these brands and have to admit that I also have a selfish reason for rejoicing in my recent Target discovery, I don't have to go to Wal-Mart anymore (Rimmel was only available at Wal-Mart in the U.S. until last year). Wal-Mart never had the Rimmel collections I'd see in magazine ads and what they did have looked like it had been used as a tester.

The Rimmel Underground products have been in many Spring editorials and I have been waiting to get my mitts on them. Target had a HUGE six foot display with all these goodies. I was tempted by the glitter in the Stir It Up cream eyeshadow and the color combinations in the Three-Sum powder eyeshadow compacts but ended up purchasing two Gloss Over lip gloss compacts. The glosses are super sheer and very pretty.

worth noting: My mom absolutely loves the Rimmel Extreme Lash Mascara. She bought two tubes because it's always sold out in her stores. I almost fell over when I saw it was only $1.98. It gave her small straight lashes volume without clumps.

Boots was slowly introduced in the U.S. starting in 2004 and is now available at more than 1,500 Target stores. Target is carrying four ranges of Boots items: No7, Botanics, Time Dimensions and Mediterranean. No7 is a makeup line (their mascara for sensitive eyes is FANTASTIC); Botanics offers skin and body care products; Time Dimensions is an antiaging skin care system and Mediterranean is a bath and body care line. One of my friends raves about the Mediterranean bergamot body line (my next purchase?).

Check both these lines out when you get a chance. Rimmel and Boots offer great products at a price point that won't break the bank. Boots is available at more than 1,500 Target stores and over 500 CVS stores, select Boots items are available at target.com. Rimmel is available at select Wal-Mart and Target stores.

up next: crazylibellule & the poppies review

0 comments: