Saturday, March 31, 2007

crazylibellule & the poppies

I mentioned in my previous post about Lucky magazine that I ordered an item I had seen in the magazine before I was finished reading the magazine. While I was patiently waiting for my packages to arrive I found out that there was more to the crazylibellule & the poppies fragrances than met the eye.

crazylibellule & the poppies was created by Isabelle Masson-Mandonnaud, the original founder of (what's now) Sephora. There are seven scents in three different mood collections. You can combine scents within each collection.

The packaging and price on these little gems is wonderful. $16 for five grams of fragrant happiness. The sturdy and whimisical retro-chic paper tube that holds these solid perfumes will have all your girlfriends wondering what this new item is in your makeup bag. Since they're naturally spill-proof, this is an easy to pack travel item.

The Shanghaijava collection is inspired by the Far East.
scents: Ananas Imperial, Blue Orchidee, Encens Mystic, Ginger & Coconut, Lilas Spiritual, Litchi Blossom and Musc & Patchouli. I ordered Ananas Imperial, Blue Orchidee and Litchi Blossom through Amazon. My favorite is Ananas Imperial; hour after hour I catch the subtle scent of blackcurrant with a hint of cedar and realize it's me. I found Blue Orchidee unobjectionable yet unimpressive; the orange and ylang seemed to stay with me, but faded entirely within a few hours. I thought I would love Litchi Blossom because it has litchi in it's base, heart and top notes; instead I was disappointed by continually smelling just the rose heart note.

Poule de Luxe Collection is a fragrance course in vanilla.
scents:
Vanilla Fruit Sorbert, Vanilla Lemon Pie, Vanilla Moka, Vanilla Pom d'Amour, Vanilla Pralines, Vanilla Macaroons and Vanilla Sucre Glace. I ordered Vanilla Fruit Sorbet, afraid that other selections may be too sweet. The raspberry and vanilla combo is very enticing and the faint iris makes this a winner in my book.

Les Divines Alcoves Collection is romance and sophistication.
scents: Amoureuse, Aux Anges, Dans tes Bras, Le Braiser, Presque Nuit, Ton Moi Prince and Tout Oblier. I ordered Tout Oblier. Reminiscent of Hermes' Hiris, the iris was soft and feminine without overpowering my senses. I am very intrigued by the berry, black pepper, tea, jasmine, rose, musc, patchouli, sandalwood and vanilla blend in Amoureuse.

For more in-depth reviews of the Shanghaijava and Les Divines Alcoves collections go to boisdejasmin.typepad.com. Go to nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com for a detailed review of more scents from the Poule de Luxe collection.

Crazylibellule & The Poppies is available online at b-glowing.com, beautyhabit.com and amazon.com (the order is fulfilled by b-glowing).



up next: Shu Uemura dives into hair care

0 comments: