Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Why I Love Cream Eye Shadows

Last month I told you how eyeliner pencils can leave a mark in the crease of my right eye.

Unfortunately, that's not where my eye makeup issues end.

Powder eye shadow collects in my crease within a couple hours after application. I've tried numerous makeup techniques and products and they just don't prevent this from happening.

So how does this high maintenance diva dress her eyes up?

My solution to all day, crease-proof, smudge-proof eye lid color is cream eye shadows. They're easy to apply and dry quickly. Squeeze a little out of the tube, one quick swipe of color to each eyelid, a little blending and you're done. I apply with my fingertips (if that's too messy for you, use a nylon brush for application).

Who makes cream eye shadows?

Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Bourjois, MAC, BeneFit and Rimmel all make great ones.

If you are trying a cream shadow for the first time, look for formulas that say they dry to a powder finish. And remember that a little goes a long way.

0 comments: