Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pantene Texturize Moussing Foam Wax

Last month's "trust the expert" post discussed some new hair products I had purchased. I mentioned that I discovered a category I had never heard before, gel wax.

The May issue of Lucky Magazine introduced me to another category I wasn't aware of, mousse wax. I was intrigued by Lucky's write up because they mention you can use this on wet hair for volume and dry hair for extra texture. And, I'll admit it, I spent part of the 80's with a perm so mousse makes me a little nostalgic.

I decided to try the Pantene Texturize Moussing Foam Wax. It's only six bucks and readily available.

Pantene is right on the money with their description, "easy-to-use whipped foam wax crosses a wax with a mousse for lightness and stability". When I used it on wet hair, I had volume without fly-aways after blow-drying. I had amazing results when I applied a small amount to dry hair (sans product before blow-drying). I ended up with so much volume and texture that my husband called me "Rock and Roll Diva".

This product seems like a regular mousse until you start to work with it. The directions say to (after dispensing) "rub hands together, making a thin layer", then applying. The mousse wax seems to turn into a thin layer of slighty tacky water. I noticed a texture change when I was working this into my dry hair. The longer I had it on my hands the tackier it became.

My diva haircare experiment continues and I'd love to hear from anyone who has other haircare product suggestions or questions.

0 comments: