Saturday, February 10, 2007

Multi-tasking

Two of my best friends are logging, or should I say cramming, about eighty hours of work into their weeks. Really. They've been at this pace since the beginning of the year and it looks to continue for at least the next two months. It may not end for one of them until September.

Therefore, I am dedicating this post to them.

When you work a hectic schedule and barely have time to sleep, you certainly don't want to add extra steps to your daily grooming routine. Wouldn't it be great if there was a product that could save you time in the shower and allowed you to feel as if you've just had a mini spa treatment?

LUSH's "Buffy" is such a product. It's a moisturizing scrub bar. LUSH found a way to mix eight ingredients (cocoa butter, shea butter and ground almond to name a few) into a solid bar that allows you to exfoliate and deliver softness to your skin in one step. They even warn you on their website that it's easy to get carried away because this product feels so great (I'll warn you that if you have sensitive skin, this is probably not the product for you due to the grain size).

All you do is rub the bar in circular motions directly on any area of your body you want to exfoliate and leave soft. Buffy should be used after cleansing your body (don't think of it as a soap substitute too). Granules do stay on your skin and usually require rinsing to remove completely; I've found if I scrub before I rinse out my hair conditioner most of the grains are gone by the time I've finished rinsing my hair.

Just pat dry after using. You won't need a body lotion unless you're ultra dry. Continued use of Buffy should solve that problem.

diva tip: If you plan to keep Buffy in the shower, I highly recommend spending $5.95 on the "Body Bar Tin" to prevent it from melting away when you're not using it.

Since you probably don't have time to shop either, go to LUSH or Amazon to order.

Don't work too hard.

0 comments: