Saturday, February 03, 2007

Laundry follow up

I'm still working on the winter sweater care that I mentioned in my posting titled "Laundry". But something much more amazing, at least for me, happened that I had to write about it.

Up until three years ago I worked in a Cosmetics department. The practical side of my Taurus nature came out when dressing for work. I tended to stick to black and items that were easily washable. I'm not messy. I could go months without getting makeup on my clothes. Somehow bright lipstick only found it's way onto my white shirts.

One sunny day I decided to wear my new raspberry colored Marc by Marc Jacobs skirt to work. I managed to go almost the entire day without getting anything on it. Almost. Towards the end of the day it was slow so I was cleaning one of the makeup counters. Things were great until I noticed the bottle cap on their body oil was not on properly. So I went to fix it and guess what happened. Yup. The cap flys out of my hand as I'm trying to put it back on and manages to spit some oil on my skirt before hitting the ground.

I mean, c'mon. I spent most of the day in the Apothecary dealing with face and body products without getting a drop on my skirt. I'm at a makeup counter for five minutes, and get oil on it?

I moved soon after that and the skirt never made it to the dry cleaner. There or here. I know, I know, that was three and a half years ago. I was going to finally put the skirt in the Goodwill pile, but just couldn't do it. It is such a cute skirt and I only wore it that one time. So I decided to try and fix it. I figured if I ruined the skirt it didn't matter because I certainly hadn't worn it with the oil stain on it.


Enter The Laundress Stain Solution. I ordered it after reading the "Laundry Tips" on The Laundress website for "pit" stain removal. Well, I haven't gotten around to tackling that pile, but I did try the tips on the bottle for tough stain removal (pour directly on stain,soak and so on). When I removed my skirt from the washing machine there was no more tell tale dark spot where the oil had once lurked, but I needed to wait until the skirt was completely dry to know if the stain was actually gone. I've lived without wearing the skirt for three and a half years, what's another twenty four hours?

Let me tell you that it was the wait. I am happy to report that the skirt is now completely dry and stain free! I plan to wear it this week in hope of making up for lost time.

Thank you Gwen and Lindsey of The Laundress. You've got a customer for life.

0 comments: