Sunday, July 01, 2007

what's in your bag?

Allure magazine recently polled 2,600 women, ages 18 - 64, online and found that most women leave the house with at least four beauty items in their handbag. Lip balm, hand/body moisturizer, lipstick and lip gloss, in that order, are what topped the list.

What else? Beauty implements, fragrance/perfume, mascara, foundation, blush or bronzer and eye shadow can also be found in our handbags.

After reading this, I had to look in my handbag and see exactly what beauty products I leave home with. Here's what I found: comb, eyelash curler, eyebrow pencil, lip palette that has six glosses inside, three lipsticks, one (individual) lip gloss, hand lotion, blotting papers and one cream eye shadow.

I was surprised by how many lip products were in my bag and was happy to find the blotting papers. I removed two of the lipsticks and kept the rest.

What's in your handbag? Any surprises?


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Cuz about two years ago, I realized that whenever I would "grab" a coordinating lip color for the day, I just threw it in my purse. By the end of a work week, they all remained in the bottom of my purse. Hell, for the remainder of the month they stayed there! Anyhow, that's what was in my bag...and why it was there! Thanks for the post. Oh, one more thing, about "the bag". It is my personal opinion that your bag should not be "busting at the seams" with CRAP. If you have to carry that much stuff, get a bigger bag. But it drives me nuts to see fairly well-put-together people carrying a bag that has mail, receipts and food hanging out of it!