Sunday, October 08, 2006

Interesting Articles

I was reading my October issue of Real Simple Magazine last night and ran across a couple articles worth checking out.

The "anatomy of a handbag" article inspired this posting. They present some great options at 3 different price points and tell you what you're getting for your money. You will definitely want to read their guide to spotting quality in specific construction details.

In the beauty section they discuss hairbrushes. What's great about this article is that they just don't show a few and tell you what's right for you; they actually deconstruct a hairbrush and describe the different parts and what to look for. Then they pick the best brushes in six different categories.

5 comments:

Jim said...

So Diva, heres a question. I am growing my hair out (shock) and want it to look like Aaron Eckhart in Thank you for smoking ( a fanatastic dark comedy BTW). What product should I use? Keep in mind I havent used 'product' since the 80's so I am uneducated.

DIVA said...

Sweet Jim,
Tigi makes a product in their Bedhead line called Manipulator that Simon loves. I think you two have similar hair. (Noeha can confirm that) It adds texture but doesn't weigh hair down or make it so you can't run your hands through your hair. Sebastian Molding Mud is pretty good too.
Hope all is well.

XOXO,

Diva

Jim said...

Oooh, the Manipulator.

(You know I am doing my korean teacher gay boy laugh right now :)

Thanks!

Jim said...

I picked up the Manipulator, it was exactly the right stuff.

Now a challenge. Next post give us the overview on men's fall and winter fashion. I hear gray jeans are in and they should be rock be Rock The Casbah slim.

DIVA said...

So glad the Manipulator worked out.
Funny thing about my next post. I wanted to gear it toward men but didn't know what to write. Now I know. Thanks for the idea.