Friday, January 26, 2007

Laundry

I was doing some research for a posting on how to take care of your winter sweaters. A couple of magazine articles I read in the past month both mentioned products from a company called The Laundress. I thought I'd see if they had any thoughts on whether or not you and I can machine wash our cashmere sweaters.

Not only did I find the answer (yes) to that question, but I found myself thinking I could have saved myself a few trips to the dry cleaner in the past year if I had been armed with some of The Laundress detergents and helpful laundry tips.

The Laundress is a collection of products developed to meet all of your laundering needs. They offer nine different detergents and nine different fabric care products (I am particularly interested in the stain solution and denim wash). They also offer a wonderful assortment of accessories for living, travel and storage.

My favorite section of The Laundress website is the informative "Laundry Tips". Here you will find recipes for cashmere care, "pit" stain removal and how best to care for denim. There's also a guide to "on the spot" stain savers.

The most intriguing and unique "product" is also found in "Laundry Tips". It's called The Sweater Service. Consider it a day spa for your cashmere and wool sweaters. For $25 per sweater, you can have your favorite cashmere sweater hand washed by an expert in laundering. Talk about decadence!

If you want to try a Laundress product but aren't sure what to try first, consider the Starter Kit. You'll get the six best-selling formulas from The Laundress and The Laundress Recipe Card in a black and white zippered pouch.

I promise to write a post on the best ways to take care of those winter sweaters. I just got so carried away looking at all The Laudress products that I had to share them with you.

0 comments: